Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hallelujah... finally done editing! PLUNGE set for Festival Circuit

I'm not gonna lie... it feels pretty good... being done with editing that is. For those of you who don't know I just recently produced a short film at the end of November  2011. Months of planning for that one big night of production... and things went great! Anyway, the premise of all this is that I have been editing for roughly two months strait... if your an obsessive person like myself... you should stray away from editing. Writing is one thing and acting is another... but editing... it's an obsessive craft... it's a man's game. 

For me I'm talking hard obsession. And after two months in the cave I'm talking unwanted weight loss, much whiter skin, odd sleeping hours (insomnia, hibernation), drastic increase in caffeine intake, and a desire to start smoking again... a habit I blew off not to long ago and am pretty pressed about. The sole cause of this is pure choice... you give someone like me unlimited choices... well I have to choose the best... and that means sifting through hours of footage to cut a film down to ten minutes. No sooner have I placed a cut then I have to do it all again... all of it.

The good thing about obsession is that it usually produces pretty good results... and I am very happy about the final cut. So when Ezra (Plunge's director) came over to take the footage away from me down to Anaheim for color correction and sound design... I didn't know what to do... I was free again... free. 

Now the fun part begins. So much creative time has gone into this project I can't wait to start getting it out there to the world. I'm holding a screening back in Oregon in December and am planning on one in LA between January and February to start spreading the word... it is gonna be some good times. 
From Left to Right: Cody Peterson, Soren Fulton, James Jeffery (back), Cal Barnes, and Director Ezra Lunel on the set of Plunge.

As the festival circuit nears, I anticipate 2012 more and more for the opportunities it is bringing. With Plunge coming in on it's last phases of post production, one experience starts to slow down as the next begins... and so is the life of a figure. However, I am very excited about my next project slated to begin this summer. It's a coming of age feature film... and we are courting the cast and crew as I write. We have some great ideas, some great ambitions, some great and talented people already attached... and of course... the most important... a great script.... (thank, thank, bow). Stay tuned and look for ways to be involved in all the great things we have coming up. 

If you havn't had a chance to see the theatrical trailer for PLUNGE yet... you can do so below.



No comments:

Post a Comment